Class 2 - Indicators for use in Specific Test
such as an Air Removal Test ( either Bowie-Dick-Type test for use when processing porous loads of cotton rolls, gauze post extraction packs, cotton wool and the like or a Process Challenge Device (PCD) to be used for general dental instruments, particularly hollow instruments) which measures the effectiveness of air removal and even penetration of steam in a pre-vacuum sterilizer.
In using a pre-vacuum autoclave, a Class 2 Air Removal Test must be run each day (the very first empty cycle of the morning) to test the ability of the vacuum pump system to remove air adequately.*
Heli-Check - Hollow load challenge test for pre-vacuum steam sterilizers
• Hollow Load Testing meets EN 867-5 requirements
• An ideal vacuum for steam penetration at proper time and temperature, will change the indicator colour from pink to black.
• Includes one re-usable device for 250 uses, and 250 high precision sterilant specific indicators (in packaged re-sealable bag)
• Simple to load and remove indicator with 3 year shelf life.
1. Australian Dental Association, Guidelines for Infection Control.
2. Australian Dental Association, Practical Guides to Infection Control
3. AS/NZS 4187:2003